See a Celona 5G LAN in action and learn the basics
We know CBRS based private LTE / 5G wireless and enterprise Wi-Fi networks have key differences, and their capabilities in handling client device mobility across access points within a wireless network are no exception.
Check out the next episode of our Field Journal series to get answers to questions like:
- How does infrastructure controlled mobility work for CBRS networks?
- What are the methods used in Wi-Fi to support client based mobility decisions?
- Which metrics are important to keep track of when comparing two technologies?
- LTE / 5G wireless traffic scheduling between infrastructure and client devices, combined with client handover decisions initiated by the cellular wireless network, guarantees a smooth transition of client devices between access points.
- Handover on cellular networks are typically less than 20 milliseconds and are secure by default utilizing SIM authentication. Client handover between Wi-Fi access points can take hundreds of milliseconds to complete.
- Due to dependency on client’s making the handover decision, Wi-Fi network design and validation also needs to take into account the client device capabilities and the quality of service requirements for underlying applications under use.
For more information, check out these related resources:
- See our solution in action with one of our product journeys
- Subscribe to the Celona YouTube channel
- Watch other videos on the Field Journal playlist