See a Celona 5G LAN in action and learn the basics
In this episode of the Field Journal, we’re comparing CBRS and Wi-Fi to find out how each technology is designed to maximize wireless network coverage and capacity.
Check out the Episode 16 of Field Journal to get answers to questions like:
- What does CBRS offer that Wi-Fi doesn’t in terms of coverage?
- Do both wireless technologies use the same amount of power?
- How does OFDMA work, and why is it more efficient with CBRS LTE?
- How can private LTE access points work to reduce wireless noise?
- CBRS based private LTE offers three to four times more coverage indoors, and up to ten times more coverage compared to Wi-Fi outdoors. This is possible due to the increased power levels that CBRS LTE access points are allowed to use outdoors, and improved link reliability / quality methods used with LTE wireless protocol.
- LTE utilizes smaller tones to carry management and communication information across long distances, allowing connected wireless devices to receive instructions even at a low signal strength.
- CBRS LTE handles spectral efficiency much differently than Wi-Fi since access points work together to schedule traffic flows across all devices in the network - in order to optimize spectrum usage across the wireless network.
For more information, check out these related resources:
- See our solution in action with one of our product journeys
- Subscribe to the Celona YouTube channel
- Watch other videos on the Field Journal playlist