We've grown to accept that the coverage offered by Wi-Fi is all we can achieve for enterprise wireless. What if there is an alternative?
Check out the Episode 16 of Field Journal to get answers to questions like:
- What does CBRS offer that Wi-Fi doesn’t in terms of coverage?
- Do both wireless technologies use the same amount of power?
- How does OFDMA work, and why is it more efficient with CBRS LTE?
- How can private LTE access points work to reduce wireless noise?
- CBRS based private LTE offers three to four times more coverage indoors, and up to ten times more coverage compared to Wi-Fi outdoors. This is possible due to the increased power levels that CBRS LTE access points are allowed to use outdoors, and improved link reliability / quality methods used with LTE wireless protocol.
- LTE utilizes smaller tones to carry management and communication information across long distances, allowing connected wireless devices to receive instructions even at a low signal strength.
- CBRS LTE handles spectral efficiency much differently than Wi-Fi since access points work together to schedule traffic flows across all devices in the network - in order to optimize spectrum usage across the wireless network.
For more information, check out these related resources: