Celona presents an high level overview of exactly where CBRS technology is at today, and where it’s looking to move in the near future.
Check out the Episode 7 of Field Journal to get answers to questions like:
- What exactly is CBRS spectrum in the US and private LTE?
- How do you design and plan a CBRS network?
- What are the differences between the licensed and unlicensed spectrum options?
- What has the timeline been for CBRS and what organizations are involved?
- CBRS first started in 2010 when the NTIA first recognized the potential for a 500 Mhz spectrum. Today CBRS is rolling out across the country with the possibility of the spectrum expanding even wider down the road.
- Designing a CBRS network takes careful consideration. Factors such as capacity, area of coverage, and licensing need to be accounted for.
- Standardization such as WinnForum certification allows for CBRS and Wi-Fi interoperability allowing both technologies to complement each other.
- There are a number of certifications available pertaining to CBRS technology, particularly around the outdoor installation of CBRS antennas.
For more information, check out these related resources: