See a Celona 5G LAN in action and learn the basics
This episode of Field Journal we learn some of the basic fundamentals of LTE and 5G technology.
Check out the Episode 11 of Field Journal to get answers to questions like:
- Who is the ITU and 3GPP?
- What is the history of each Generation of cellular service?
- How has 1G service evolved to where we are today?
- Who were the leaders in cellular technology in its early days?
- ITU and 3GPP work together to provide the vision, requirements and technical specifications that outline global cellular standards.
- The cellular Generations start back as early as 1981 with 1G and gradually advanced throughout the early 2000s.
- Ultra broadband saw its debut in the 2000s with the advent of 3.5G and a typical speed of 1.5 to 8 Mbps.
- 4G technology had multiple releases between 2008 and 2013 in assisted GPS technology, small macro cell networks, and in Public Warning Systems.
For more information, check out these related resources:
- See our solution in action with one of our product journeys
- Subscribe to the Celona YouTube channel
- Watch other videos on the Field Journal playlist