A real-life comparison of Wi-Fi and private wireless
Private Wireless in refineries is changing the equation in terms of coverage, integration, capabilities and cost-effectiveness.Site is the equivalent of 260 football fields
Convenient AP deployment for lowered TCO
- Access points can be setup on existing poles, roof tops and structures where power and internet is already available
- There is no requirement for trenching and cabling, meaning the TCO of private wireless is just a fraction of Wi-Fi
- With a directional or omni antenna the signal can be adjusted for optimal coverage just where its exactly needed.
- Celona’s outdoor Access Points (shown here) have IP66 rating and are waterproof
- Celona also offers Access Points with C1D2 certification for use in hazardous environments