Use cases of private wireless in energy & mining
From oil and gas rigs to renewable energy farms and mining segments, the energy and mining sectors play a vital role in the global economy. Despite many differences, they share the same goals - to improve operational efficiency, reduce costs, increase output and minimize waste.
Their challenges are similar too. The location of energy and mining sites tends to be remote, with complex terrain covering large outdoor expanses. In these harsh environments, they rely on modern technologies - connected workers, assets, and machines, workflow automation, computer vision, and robotics. But to power these smart solutions they need reliable wireless connectivity able to withstand the challenges of remote locations.
This is why private wireless networks are increasingly being called on to provide the level of reliable, interference-free wireless connectivity needed to power these smart energy and mining solutions of tomorrow.
- IoT sensing – predictive analytics
- Process automation/ improvement
- Remote diagnostics/ troubleshooting
- Digital twin
- Environmental hazard sensing
- Data for compliance
- Connected Handhelds and Tablets
- Bar code scanners
- Voice communications
- Worker safety
- Worker training and engagement
- Autonomous Mobile Robots (AMR)
- Autonomous Guided Vehicles (AGV)
- Materials movement
- People movement
- Robotics in hazardous environment
- Remote equipment monitoring
- Safety monitoring
- Security monitoring